Stage One: Two-day course, online support material and educational pack
Venue: Psychosensory Academy, Roslin, EH25 9QW
Time: 10am to 6.00pm both days
Join this great group gathering together at this relaxing venue which is a haven close to Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland.
Your training will equip you with knowledge about the scientific concepts behind Havening Techniques®, principles and practical skills related to both Havening Touch® and the many techniques including exploring Outcome, Role and the various techniques used for Growth Havening.
As a trainer I want the very best for you and so I aim to provide the material in a range of ways, I am interested in accelerated learning techniques, creating a safe space for curiosity and communication, the power of experiential learning, participant-centered trainings and learning from each other. A team of superb haveners will be supporting the learning. We all use Havening in our practice and we all share a love of life, being down to earth and meeting new people.
This is an informal training in a country place, albeit in the city. If the weather is good there will be opportunities to use the gardens and grounds as well
For detailed information about the three stages of the practitioner certification process see
Stage One includes: Pre-course online material, such as videos, audio, and other information and the official educational pack composed of a primer, booklet and DVDS.
Two-day training course
Working with a great team of assistants, we will use experiential learning methods, such as demonstrations, Havening and being Havened, use of Neurosky to explore brainwaves and heart-rate variables, using technology to illustrate electrical field, drawing, video, powerpoint, diagrams, metaphors, drama, quizzes, unpacking sessions, and looking at the material in different ways to make learning easy. Answering questions about how to use Havening and what kind of results are often experienced. I am particularly interested in sharing key principles, explaining 'tools' and their 'uses and likely outcomes' to form a solid foundation. This training enables creativity, confidence and higher success rates.
Join us, a small group, in a special place, for a weekend of participant-centered learning. Discover for yourself both the changes that are experienced, the scientific and biological theories of how these innovative processes work, and how to best use Havening Touch® and the many different Havening Techniques® to help either yourself or others.
Dr. Ronald Ruden, who created Havening, describes the effect of using these techniques as providing ‘a better way of living through neuroscience’. People who have experienced the techniques say that they are 'effective' and 'easy and pleasant to use'. A study at King’s College London showed that after just one session of Havening nearly all of the participants were able to concentrate better, let go of disturbing thoughts and eliminate worry, and were able to boost their self-esteem. The results also showed that most of the participants were still benefiting from those changes two months after the single session of Havening (see Testimonials).
Dr Ronald Ruden and his twin brother Steven have a deep interest in neuroscience, and from this viewpoint they set out to research Energy Psychology (EP) some decades ago. The root of EP is traditional Chinese medical procedures which employ touching acupoints on the meridian channels to heal both physical and emotional problems. EP claims to resolve a wide variety of conditions including phobias, somatisation responses, post-traumatic stress, chronic pain, as well as a whole host of emotional states such as pathological fear, guilt, anger, jealousy and grief. The Rudens’ research enabled them to propose a new system grounded in neuroscience and clinical observation. They called this system Havening, meaning 'to put one in a safe place', a safe haven. Havening produces some of its effect by synaptic (receptor) depotentiation (removal). This process disrupts the pathway laid down during the encoding of a traumatic event (illustration below). This type of Havening can also be described with a more technical term which defines the neurobiological mechanism, Amygdala Depotentiation Technique (ADT). Literally receptors on part of the brain called the amygdala are removed (illustration below). This means that when a person is responding to stimuli with a fight, flight, or freeze response, and the Havening process is applied, a physiological change can occur. The result of this physiological change is that when the stimuli are encoutered in the future the response will be calmer, objective or positive. This begins a series of ongoing changes to the person's 'landscape' (electro-chemical system), and in turn to their perceptions and behaviours. Other types of Havening facilitate change in the landscape and how this works is explained on the training.
As well as learning about the biology and neuroscience you will also get the opportunity to experience being Havened and learn and practice these different techniques:
- Event Havening
- Transpirational Havening
- Outcome Havening
- Role Havening
- Hopeful Havening
- Ifformational Havening
- Affirmational Havening
As we learn we will also be building key skills such as:
- accessing the history and finding the ‘seed events’
- sensory acuity
- observation and calibration
- internal processing
- relating and building trust
- listening to voice and language usage
- understanding high-speed change
- how to explain Havening simply
- creative and confident Havening
- how Havening relates to other modalities (such as NLP, TFT and hypnosis)
Imagine the difference when you:
- have learned about the scientific basis
- have discovered how simple they are to use
- experience how they can generate fast and effective change
- can share the methods with your clients to empower them to help themselves
- discover how beautifully Havening enhances what you already do well
- have experienced how a memory that causes a stress response when triggered can be altered so that when the memory is triggered after Havening the response is calm or objective
- experience how this electro-chemical change alters the landscape of the brain and how this changes behaviour for the good
- see, hear and grasp how these methods work
- have gained a solid understanding about the neurological process of encoding in the amygdalae, how people's behaviours are shaped by the electro-chemical response to triggers, how the havening processes cause depotentiation (delinking) to take place, and how these neurological changes alter the electro-chemical responses to triggers and the landscape of the mind; and how the person is then enabled to shape their behaviour in a way that is helpful to them
- learn why delinking the ‘seed’ that is at the base of the problem is key
- hear and experience how to find that key 'seed'
- hear about how Havening has been used with anxiety, panic attacks, abandonment issues, fears, phobias, distressing memories, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anger, grief, guilt, cravings, compulsions, emotional eating, depression, stress, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), confidence issues, chronic pain, and more.
- can use all the tools and techniques confidently and creatively
- have gained your Diploma of Certification and are practising as a Certified Havening Techniques® Practitioner and are represented on the originators' website